We’re looking for someone to join our team and run the sales and business development strategy.
Please note: the position has now been filled.
Are you an experienced Business Development manager and looking for new opportunities in the fastest growing sector in the world? Well you’ve come to the right place, because we’re on the hunt. Please email email@example.com if you’re interested in this exciting opportunity.
The team is growing and we are looking for someone who is passionate about product and mobile, understands how apps can change the face of business and some familiarity with the technologies would be an advantage but not essential. Its more important to understand and appreciate how mobile is shaping the world of business, and consumer behaviour and apply that ideology to prospective clients businesses. Widespread existing relationships and networks are essential.
Here’s the full job spec:
The App Developers – a company entering a rapid growth phase in the fastest growing market in the world. We produce mobile applications for Startups, individuals and corporations.
Salary Expectations: Commensurate with Experience (plus attractive bonus structure)
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will take ownership of the business development strategy.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients, and new strategic partnerships.
You will need to be able to talk empathetically & authoritatively, and help steer the customer in order to identify the full requirements when they may not even know themselves. Sifting out genuine opportunities will be key.
A Business Development Manager has three primary responsibilities:
- Identifying & winning new business
- Taking ownership of the business development strategy
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on top line revenue growth
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Identify & arrange meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Be the first response to incoming enquiries and be able to talk passionately about an idea, whilst complementing that idea with further ideas
- Extract the brief from the client, by applying techniques to help define the requirement
- Attend client and prospect meetings supporting management
When it comes to generating leads, day-to-day duties typically include:
- Researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
To keep healthy relationships with clients, this mostly requires socialisation. So from simple chats on the phone to lunches and events or conferences, you must be sure to keep the customers happy. Of course, as with all office jobs, documentation is also a big part of the work. You are also obligated to write reports and provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working.
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role to the mobile software industry
- A good level of understanding of mobile applications and their integration into businesses to achieve a ‘purpose’.
- Proven sales track record
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
- Proficiency in English
- Market knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- A good understanding of an app lifecycle
- Small office, big personality
- This company is about to go into rapid growth and hence the ideal time to join.